Blacksmiths Arms
 
The Star Inn
 
Main Street
 
 
Originally a farming community the Cayton element of the parish is now predominantly residential housing large numbers of retired people and others employed in the area particularly in the adjacent Eastfield industrial parks.Cayton Bay is made up of housing and holiday parks. Killerby has a holiday park and a stained glass factory alongside housing.
 
The Methodist Chapel was, from 1822 to 1903, housed in what became a blacksmiths shop and is now a fish shop and hairdressers; the chapel is now in a building opened in 1903.
   
The Jubilee Hall
The Jubilee Hall, the site of a school in 1821 with an endowment of £15.00. In 1872 a public elementary school was opened on the same site. With the opening of a new school in 1972 the Parish Council purchased the builing for use by the community.
 
Mr. John Jackson of Cayton, who died in 1878, left £500 in Government securities, the interest thereof to be distributed by the vicar and churchwardens among the deserving poor at Christmas.
   
 
 
Acknowledgement for information and pictures "A Short History Of Cayton" compiled by the late Mr Charles Riches for the millennium. Copies available at £2.00 plus postage. To obtain a copy please contact
 
Les Hutchinson
01723 585840.